If you’re as passionate about sharing the story of your city with travellers as we are, you could be the perfect addition to the Curiocity crew.
Our ideal team member is a motivated and energetic individual with next-level people skills. Working at Curiocity you’re not just an employee, you’re an ambassador for your city to the thousands of global travellers we’re proud to host.
We currently have locations in Joburg, The Cradle of Human Kind & Cape Town. Get in touch to find out more about any positions available – we’d love to hear from you.
CURIOCITY CAPE TOWN VACANCIES
The Community Connector is responsible for ensuring we deliver memorable experiences to our guests that are aligned with our brand and mission.
This person will oversee all the content, programming design and execution at the location and coordinate with appropriate internal and external parties.
What you will be doing
- Own diverse programming → 3 month lead time
- Ensure all Products are well represented
- Owner of Playlist: tone, mood, volume, etc
Culture & Experience [30%]
- Activation, initiatives, measurement and action plans
- Monitor results with appropriate action
- Manage local community relations
- Content with Partner to support content and programming
- Based on occupancy, you may be doing Front-of-house shifts as well (e.g.: reception, housekeeping, maintenance)
- Experience in programming and marketing of event
- Experience in event organization
- Experience in team management roles (preferred)
- Experience in managing community relations
- Marketing principles
- Event design and coordination
- Fluent in English and local language
- Brand management
- Time management
Front of House Staff
At Curiocity we are obsessed with delivering outstanding service through a personal touch. The ideal front of house staff candidate will be friendly and approachable while consistently communicating professionally.
They will have experience in customer service and have the demonstrated ability to excess customer’s expectations.
- Ensure smooth running of the front office department
- WOW our guests at every opportunity
- Answer any questions guest have
- Ensure that quality of work or service is maintained
- Take ownership of the guest journey to ensure that you continuously raise the bar and create a truly unique experience
- Know your guests and have a passion for independent travel and the road less travelled
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Monitor our social spaces, lighting, sound and temperature, to make sure they embody the CURIOCITY brand and culture at all times
- Be Responsible for all cash handling whilst you are on duty
- Correctly administer the Close of Shift procedures every shift with 100% accuracy and consistency
- Customer Service Experience
- Proven experience within a front office hospitality environment
- Experience working with a Property Management System and Online Travel Agents
- Flexible with regards to shifts available per week (mixture of morning and evening shifts)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of your city
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
We are looking for an experienced General Manger. A Leader who is; entrepreneurial, a mover and shaker, provides guidance to all team members, making sure the site functions optimally while achieving all financial, revenue and experience goals.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the property with a strong focus on providing the best return on investment. Always imparting and never losing sight of what sets the brand apart: its strong employee morale, positive work environment and optimistic, can-do attitude. You are expected to take ownership of the business, to be creative and to implement new ideas in relation to food & beverage offerings, programming, entertainment and other activities.
CURIOCITY JOBURG VACANCIES
We are looking for an enthusiastic Bar Manager to provide an excellent hospitality experience and be in a position to supervise and control all the activities in the bar focusing on auditing, accounting, inventory and good quality.
Please Note: Good bar masters are able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations.
Night Shift Duty Manager
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Required to welcome guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Brief and manage staff during Night Shift with activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests. Ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Ensure that all areas of FARMHOUSE are kept clean and tidy.
- Do occasional late check-ins and early check-outs. Ensuring that rooms are checked and bills and invoices are paid.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Be able to assist with guest relocation, for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process.
- Occasionally assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for guests, arrange shuttles and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during guests stay.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
- Oversee preparation of daily summary reports.
- Should Show Initiative & Team Leading.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department, maintain cross departmental communication with restaurant and other external community partners.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to community events (internal & external, operations, new procedures.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security.
- Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and charming is important to be the Night Manager in the way to represent himself on behalf of hotel management.
- Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a Hotel.
- Previous customer service and general computer experience required.
- Property Management Software experience required.
- Attend daily meetings and updates of guests arrival.
- Transport clients to and from destinations.
- Arrive at destinations on schedule.
- Use navigator applications.
- Interact with clients professionally at all times. Be able to tell the story of FARMHOUSE and the Cradle community effectively.
- Ensure that the vehicle always has fuel and is ready for use.
- Notify management for vehicle repairs if needed.
- Must have a drivers licence and PDP.